Want a professional massage at home at any time of the day? It is a dream that is becoming accessible to the greatest number thanks to our range of relaxation chairs. If you think that choosing a quality massage chair is not easy then follow the guide, we will help you make the choice that suits you.
Particularly popular in Asia where it was invented, the massage chair is now more and more popular in Western countries. This armchair, with remarkable comfort, is distinguished by its ability to reproduce the techniques of professional hand-held masseurs thanks to its unique features. Its virtues are many and are constantly improving with the development of new technologies specific to this discipline. Gradually, it is becoming a punctual alternative to massage institutes by becoming an effective remedy to relieve fatigue, stress or specific points of tension.
The criteria of choice
- Your morphology should be considered in your choice. Your body size, height, and age will affect which model to choose. Check the dimensions of the chair in its different positions, especially if you are tall so that your head can be correctly positioned.
- For more comfort make sure your chair is reclining and offers different relaxation positions.
- Check that access to the controls is easy, you will avoid having to contort to change programs or use another function.
- The presence of a footrest is not negligible, it will offer better support of the entire body. even though it has a footrest to bask at will.
- Beyond the aesthetic appearance of your massage chair, which is your choice, the choice of the coating is less arbitrary. Indeed, if the leather remains a value by its resistance to wear, it should however be maintained regularly to keep its brilliance. Less expensive and very resistant to time, faux leather, or synthetic leather, can be an interesting alternative.
- The types of massages proposed: according to your expectations, you will not orient yourself towards the same model of massage chair. Shiatsu, heating or rolling, compare the different options of each massage chair.
- The budget you want to spend on the purchase of your massage chair will certainly be decisive in this choice.
The different types of massages
- Heat massage: targeted on the lower back and especially the lumbar.
- Tapping massage: a very gentle and delicious massage that simulates a tapping of expert hands all along your spine (shoulders, back, legs).
- Massage dual action massage kneading massage pummeling massage shiatsu massage swedish massage tapping
- Kneading: circular massage that aims to relieve all the tension of the back muscles, strengthening the muscles and releasing tension.
- Tapping: very gentle and delicious massage that simulates a pat of expert hands all along your spine. Your respiratory system will be stimulated for a better general oxygenation of your organism.
- Dual-action: perfect meeting between massage tapping and massage kneading, their respective functions will combine for effects multiplied.
- Shiatsu massage: a technique that has become a must in the best massage parlors and is now accessible at home. It simulates precisely the movement of the fingers of a professional massager by walking around your back and striving in particular to emphasize the strategic points of acupuncture.
- Pummeling massage: massage stimulating the passage of the fingers along the back, for a revitalizing effect and a better circulation.
- Swedish massage: or Swedish massage. Swedish massage helps promote well-being relaxation and improved circulation. It is a combination of different massage techniques. The movement always follows the direction of the blood circulation and goes to the heart
What are the different types of massage chairs?
To make the right choice, listen to your body!
It is important to know each other well before choosing your massage chair. What use do you want to make of your chair? Are you only looking to relax after a rough day or do you have special needs related to an area of tension to relieve?
Shiatsu armchair, heated massage chair, vibrating massage chair or massage chair rolling, it is difficult to see clearly among all these variations of relaxation chairs.
The massage chair says Shiatsu
Inspired by Chinese massage techniques and finally adapted and fully democratised in Japan, the Shiatsu method (literally “finger pressure”) is nowadays the favorite massage of the French. Its principle is based on the pressure of the fingers and the palms of the hand, reproduced here by swiveling balls, on the zones of precise muscular tensions (one speaks more commonly of “muscular knots”).
This method uses the reflex points specific to acupuncture to relieve the areas of the body that are usually associated with them. Depending on the pressure, the blood flow will be more or less intense and will unlock different sources of energy to invigorate you while relaxing.
Ideal for revitalizing the body after a long day and evacuate stress and anxiety, its use is not recommended for children whose growth is not over and for the most fragile people. The massage programs offered by the Shiatsu armchairs are to adapt to your morphology.
The heated massage chair
This Real relax massage chair equipment is characterized by the presence of a heating device integrated directly into the chair. This peculiarity gives it an implacable efficiency to relieve the tensions exerted on the muscles in everyday life.
Indeed, the heat has the effect of relaxing your muscles in depth for a lasting result. Perfectly relaxed and relaxed, the cocooning effect is immediate and sleep will soon arrive.
The vibrating massage chair
Better known than its Japanese cousin, the vibrating massage chair uses the vibrations produced by the motorized gear of a weighted wheel to massage its user. Equipped with several small motors of this type, the chair can thus relieve different areas of the body simultaneously. This type of chair has the main advantage of improving the blood circulation under the effect of vibration and, like other chairs, to relieve targeted muscle tension.
The lift chair
The lift chair is an electric and motorized wheelchair that allows you to sit and get out of the wheelchair very simply and safely. With the touch of a button on a remote control, the seat of your lift chair will rise and tilt forward so that you are in a standing position and ready to leave your chair. Your effort will be minimal and your maximum comfort.
The main advantage of this type of chair is its very safe side for the user (perfect for the elderly or those with reduced mobility). Indeed, the risks of imbalance and falls are limited.
Some lift chairs also offer other functions:
– the lift chair with relaxation function allows the user to enjoy an almost elongated position. Ideal to fall asleep comfortably.
– the lift chair with massaging function: depending on the model, the chair will be able to massage targeted areas to relieve specific tensions in your body.
– lift chair with heating function: people suffering from lumbar will be filled by this type of chair.
What is the difference between 1-engine lift chairs and 2-engine lift chairs?
The motors of a lift chair enable the recline of the backrest and the legrest.
On a lift chair 1 motor, this inclination will be controlled in a dependent manner, so the backrest will tilt at the same time as the legrest.
On the contrary, on a lift chair with 2 motors, you will have the choice of the inclination of the backrest and that of the legrest independently since a motor will be dedicated to each of these functions (a motor for the backrest, a motor for the legrest). You will have a greater choice of positions at your disposal.
How to explain the price differences between the models?
From $200 to over $7,000, the price difference between models of massage equipment is particularly important. Several factors may justify such differences. It is first and foremost important not to confuse a massage chair, whose prices generally range from $200 to $500 and massage chairs whose benefits are quite different.
Massage chairs are usually only a cheaper alternative to real massage chairs. However, they can meet certain needs, especially if you move regularly. A massage chair can easily follow you during your vacation or your travels.
The difference in price between massage chairs can be explained by the options you choose. The type of massage desired, the number of programs offered through the coating or the included accessories, there is for all requirements and therefore all budgets.